Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Retail Therapy

After 3,5 months of waiting and living in a room so messy it felt more like I was camping, my new sofa & chairs arrived last week!! The colors - moss-green for the sofa and dark-yellow for the chairs - are absolutely wonderful and look really great together.

The only problem with having such pretty new furniture is... a lot of the other stuff in my house suddenly seems super plain! Plus, after tidying up the place it all just felt a bit empty and impersonal.

So...


... off to Ikea I went to get us some happy, colorful accessories. Of course I came back with loads of stuff that wasn't on the list, like a black and white rug and the cutest birdy-tray EVER, but with Ikea that is kind of inevitable ;)


Anyway, my little shopping trip payed off, and after months of living in a room filled with clutter, my house is starting to feel like a home again. 

I will be back with more pictures when the room is done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment